Blogologues brings your favorite blog posts to the stage– as well as other wacky online material that probably shouldn’t be read out loud. Conceived by Allison Goldberg and Jen Jamula, Blogologues gives voice to those texts from last night, what’s overheard in New York, and your missed connections. A hilarious romp through the interwebs.
“Blogologues proves that the internet and live theater can live together in harmony.” – Huffington Post Comedy
After a raucous premiere at Under St. Marks in May 2011, the Lively Productions team was invited back for a six-month developmental residency at the same venue, for a series of one-night engagements. Each month featured brand new material performed verbatim from the internet, along a different theme each time:
- August- Blogologues: I Need a Vocation (employment-themed)
- September- Are You There, God? It’s Me, Blogologues (religion)
- October- Rocktober Blogologues: It’s Freakin’ Fall (seasonal)
- November- Blood is Thicker Than Blogologues (family)
- December- The Abominable Blogologues: Tobogganing to 2012 (holidays, seasonal)
- January- Blogologues: Come Here Often? (relationships & dating)
From April 13th-May 5th 2012, Lively Productions created and produced its first run of the project, Blogologues: Younger Than Springtime, which ran at The Players Loft at 115 MacDougal street for four consecutive weekends.