Wow. I haven’t posted since last August. That’s crazy town. More than a few things have happened in what is now around-the-clock Blogologues-land:
- This past summer, we scored our first official company sponsor: AlleyNYC, a tech co-working space here in the city. We are INCREDIBLY lucky to have them as our sponsor. In addition to all the amazing sponsorship perks (WE HAVE AN OFFICE! AND REHEARSAL SPACE!), we also have access to a wonderful and helpful community of entrepreneurs, many of whom are now show regulars.
- We also started securing individual show sponsors. Many thanks to PopChips for helping out with Technoganza, Justin’s Nut Butter (I am now addicted) and Five Bamboo for our health show, and The Pleasure Chest and Babeland for our recent #sexytime show.
- Click here to learn more about sponsoring a Blogologues production or season.
Mashable embedded one of our webisodes in its watercooler section. Then, they did a full feature post about the Blogologues and the history of Lively Productions. The latter article was placed on the homepage and received over 1.6K shares.
Time Out New York featured Blogologues in its March 28 issue, under the section Your Perfect Weekend. It sold out our most recent show almost instantly and brought in a ton of new faces, which was incredibly exciting for us. We’re now exploring venues where we might be able to extend a weekend or two, or which might have flexible seating in which we can add rows if we’re selling well. Have a venue to suggest? Please email us! Time Out also posted an interview with us about some of the crazy stuff we found on the web while creating the last script.
And now, for the most exciting news yet: We just launched a partnership with Time Out called Tweet of the Week! Every week, we’ll be on the lookout for funny/weird tweets about New York that we can bring to life somehow. On Thursdays, we’ll film some using the new Vine app and send three options to Time Out. On Fridays, Time Out will choose the “Tweet of the Week,” which it then posts on its site and blasts through its social channels. Jen and I are super excited about the opportunity to churn these out weekly. Do keep up with the new, weekly segment, and send us submissions. Of note, these tweets can be found, or you can write one and include #tonytotw so we’ll see it. (Unlike our shows, which consist only of found, not solicited, material.)
- Jen and I spoke at The Li.st Summit, an awesome gathering of women in tech. We were on a panel about the influence of social media on art and storytelling. We were joined by Lauren Kaelin of Benjamemes (click through—she paints the internet!), Gideon Lewis-Kraus, who is generally a genius, and Daniel Madoff, a beautiful dancer, who danced with Merce Cunningham until the company’s close. It was moderated by Christina Wallace, the Director of Startup Institute New York, and a lover of arty things.
- This past weekend, we presented and performed at the ArtsTech Unconference, which will took place at AOL Headquarters here in NYC. Check out what attendees had to say about Blogologues here.
Oh yeah, SHOWS!
We’ve had three brand-new shows since I last posted:
In honor of Halloween and the election, we had a one-weekend-only pop-up performance entitled Blogologues’ Spooky Election Special: Boo-rack Zombama vs. Sexy Nurse Romney.
Blogologues Health & Fitness: Kale In Me Softly ran from January 17-26 and was super awesome.
We just finished up our sex-themed show, entitled Blogologues: #sexytime (Are you pinterested in a quick tumblr?). It ran from March 28-April 6, and was my favorite thing ever.
So, yeah, that’s what’s up!
(If you’ve made it this far: Hello, Jeffrey!)